Top 10 Tuesday: Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist

                                


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Tuesday #108: What would I like to see more in books? Themes, tropes, time periods? Here's my list!


10: I want a book based on the history of the Native American people. This may scream "POCAHONTAS" but if you count out the non-fiction books and the history volumes I've read, there is only one series I know with Native American characters "The gold seer" trilogy, that mentions the tribes and gives little information of how they lived.




9: More books in the style of ILLUMINAE series. This is a little too risky for some, if you didn't like the series. But I adore the books and I would love to see where this new style can take many genres.




8: A sci-fi book with a plot similar to "Sword Art Online". If you've watched the anime, you can also see how many ethical issues MMORPG games set in the younger generations. And alright I do like the anime too much. ;)




7: More diversity. Not only for LGTB+ but also for groups, cultures and religions.


6: More books beased on the Zodiac signs. Adventure, sci-fi romance, anything!


5: More Asian books. Flame in the Mist was one of the best books I've read in May (I still haven't read ACOWAR yet) and I'd love to have more books like this one, not only for the history of Japan, but also for Korea and China as well.


4: More "Beauty & the Beast": Yes, I am obsessed, but I'll never back down from a good retelling of the tale.



3: Can all the books we buy have also some good fanart attached too? Or maybe a candle or a Funko based on the characters? Pretty please?


2: I want J.R. Ward and Karen Marie Moning to co-write! It was mentioned at some point from of of the authors but I'd love to see it happen!


1: I honestly wish for Susan Dennard and Sarah J. Maas to co-write! I know they had a sci-fi serieal going on Tumblr for some time but since then it's too slow to update. If we love Sarah's and Susan's fantasy books what will happen if they turn into sci-fi?!



No comments